Monday, July 20, 2009

Catching up

I was in Austin for a large part of last week, so I didn't post while I was gone. When I noticed that I was gone for the All Star Game, I was disappointed because it's been a few years since I've gotten to watch it. Fortunately, I was able to hang out in my hotel room during the game. And...I slept through most of it.

Actually, I woke up during Bam's interview and thought I was having a nightmare. But I barely saw any of the game. I did, however, hear the butt kissing over the first pitch, but I didn't actually see it until later. Eventually I did see it.

Barry throws like a girl.

I'm not just saying that because he sucks. It's true, he throws like a girl. Furthermore, I'm skeptical that he's such a big White Sox fan. I think a real Sox fan would know the name of the stadium. Barry, however, refers to it as "Cominsky Field" or something like that. Ask Jeff Gordon what happens when you butcher a stadium's name.

As I've thought about it, my theory is that's fundamentally impossible for Bam to actually like baseball. He hates America. Baseball is America's pasttime. The two are not compatible. Granted, I could see how hanging out with Joe Buck and Tim McCarver could sour you on the sport.

What we should take from this is that Barry has contempt for American traditions, but he's willing to play along. I can hardly wait for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment