Friday, July 24, 2009

An anecdote

When I was younger I always wanted a club house. So you know what I ended up with? You know those old swing sets that people used to get for their kids with the plastic swings, back when kids were allowed to play and occassionally get scrapes and bruises? Well, we had one of those without the swings. My dad bought a tarp from Wal-Mart, threw it over the top, placed a couple of bricks to hold the ends down, and I had a tent.

I'm not sure why I felt compelled to tell this story. But to make it applicable to anything, I'll confess that I didn't think a lot about growing back then. But now that I am grown up and I live in my own (well, technically I rent), real house, I'm starting to get the idea that Barry would like us to all go back to the tarp.

I didn't say it was going to be a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment