Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Catching Up...

I took a few days off at the end of last week and went to rural America where I was without internet for four days. And I've got to be honest: I missed having internet access exactly once. It was really refreshing. I thought during that time I had heard John Hughes passed away, and I was saddened to have it confirmed once I did get back to computer land. Big Hollywood has some pretty good tributes here, here, and here. The Ben Stein interview is worth watching, too. RIP, Mr. Hughes.

By the way, I really miss John Candy.

In case you missed it, there's a new set of words omitted from college textbooks. It's almost comical how easy these people get their panties in a twist over nothing. Then again, when you're the type of person who sees a ballerina as a tough guy, it probably doesn't take much to upset you.

I just wanted to give kudos to this web site. From what I've read in the past few weeks, when something needs to be hit, he hits hard. He also has decency, which is hard to find in the blogosphere. And he's often pretty stinking funny. Be sure to check out the post "Video Project: Stand Together for Liberty" and the entry immediately below it for a couple of my recent favorites.

Finally, I've gotten some really nice comments over the past month or so, and I wanted to say thanks for the kindness. However, you all are going to have to quit with the accolades or you're going to get me on the gov't watch list.

No comments:

Post a Comment