Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

Here's an article that sums up my feelings on Michael Jackson pretty well. Beyond that, I think it's really sad that he'll likely be remembered as much for the last 15 years as much as his talent.

I'm not going to rehash anything that happened or might have happened in his later years. He's gone. There used to be a time when it was considered wrong to speak ill of the recently deceased. If you want to see how horrible some people are or how mean people can be, just look at some of the reactions to Michael's death.

People really suck sometimes.

In addition to those who are still taking shots at him for whatever reasons, you also have the people are making judgments on Michael's place in eternity.

I've always understood that not judging others was mostly about not judging the state of their hearts or whether they had a relationship with God. Apparently the majority of other Christians interprete it as, "It's not for us to say what's right or wrong, but it's easy to tell where someone will spend eternity."

Do you know why there are so many people in this country who strongly oppose Christianity? The number one reason, which never dawns on most Christians, is that God said it would be this way. I don't know why we're ever surprised when people don't like us. The second reason is because people have observed Christians. And for those people, I completely get it.

My hope is that Michael Jackson is at peace now and has the type of love he never received on this planet. I hope someday the legacy of his talent wins out. And while Billie Jean or Bad will still be played years from now, I hope people also understand that he had something to say.

"There are people dying, if you care enough for the living..." "If you're thinking of being my brother it don't matter if you're black or white." I hope lyrics like that and songs like Will You Be There, and Man in the Mirror, will be as much his legacy as anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment