Friday, December 4, 2009

Signs of the apocalypse

I don't like Robert Gibbs. To put it mildly, I think he's a tool. But I first saw this story on Yahoo this afternoon, then decided to follow it over to Townhall (since the embedded video at Yahoo originated from TH) to see what else they posted about it.

Here's the thing: I have to side with Gibbs on this more than I do the reporter. Judging from the comments at TH, I'm apparently the only Conservative who takes this stance. But while Gibbs' comparing the reporter to his child is completely out of line, it's not like he was dealing with a real peach of a lady. She's rude, she was asking questions that are fit more for TMZ than any relevant political organization, and she cops a serious attitude.

Here's a tidbit for you: I strongly considered going into journalism until I took my first reporting class. I decided against it when I saw how many people in that world are like this chick. So while I don't think Gates handled this just real well, I wouldn't blame him for blowing her off...or basically anything he did up until the son comparison or following it.

No comments:

Post a Comment